Discover interesting places nearby
Discover our surroundings
Different places of interest
Hotel Restaurant Il Carrettino in Tortona is the ideal starting point to reach and visit tourist, cultural, wine and food interesting places. In the surroundings you can find:
- our zootechnical farm, that you can visit on reservation and where you can see more than 200 animals among bovines, buffalos, donkeys and courtyard animals (800 m);
- the Cistercian Abbey of Rivalta Scrivia, dating back to the 12th century (1 km);
- the Santuario of the Madonna della Guardia in San Luigi Orione, with its magnificent golden statue (4 km);
- the birthplace of the great cycling champion Fausto Coppi and the near Museum of Cycling in Novi Ligure (17 km);
- the Shopping Village Serravalle Outlet in Serravalle Scrivia, the largest Outlet mall in Europe with more than 300 brands (18 km);
- Spinetta Marengo, where the historic battle of Marengo between the Austrian army and the Napoleonic army took place (15 km);
- the Certosa in Pavia (25 km);
- the Cittadella of Alessandria, a beautiful fort wanted by the Savoys which is one of the most well-preserved in all Europe (20 km);
- the wine cellars of local winemakers on our Tortona hills and on the Gavi hills;
- “Dolci Terre di Novi”, the festival of food and wine that celebrates the excellences of the territory and that takes place in the Museum of Champions;
- festivals and fairs, like the National Fair of Truffle in San Sebastiano Curone, that takes place every third Sunday of November; the Chocolate Fair in Alessandria, While Night Festivals in summer with live music and concerts and the many country festivals;
- many greens to play golf nearby.
The strategical position of Il Carrettino allows to visit the whole northwest and also some important places of international interest just an hour’s drive:
Turin: Mole Antonelliana is the symbol of the city, but there is much more to see, like Piazza Castello with Palazzo Madama, that was a Savoy palace, the Park of Valentino and the Egyptian Museum, where you can see one of the most important collecion of the world after that of Cairo. The Venaria Reale Realm is one of the greatest Savoy palaces in Piedmont. The Basilica of Superga is on the hill of the same name and from there you can enjoy a unique view of the city.
Milan: Piazza del Duomo, Alla Scala Theatre, world famous temple of opera, Galleria Perelli, to do luxury shopping, and Castello Sforzesco are only some of the places of interest of the Lombard city.
Genoa: it is famous for Porto Antico and its Aquarium. The Galata is the greatest nautical museum of the Mediterranean area. Do not miss a walk through the typical alleys in the Old Town, a maze of narrow streets that bring to the sea.
The fascinating places of the Ligurian Riviera are worth a visit: Portofino, Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure.
Finally, from our structure you can reach in a day other interesting places, like Montferrat that surrounds Il Carrettino, Langhe and the mountain of Aosta Valley (Cervinia, Champoluc, Gressoney, Saint Vincent, Courmayeur, and so on).
We suggest you to save some time to visit our amazing territory: there are artistic, cultural and gastronomic itineraries to discover and appreciate our province.